Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Monday, December 3, 2007

Girls Just Wanna Go Run...

Well, I went to the dr. on Friday to get my knee checked out. On the bright side, there isn't actually anything wrong with my knee - no tears or sprains or any of that other stuff that happens. On the not so bright side, it still hurts when I run. Apparently, the muscles on the inside of my thigh, just above my knee aren't quite strong enough, so the muscles on the outside are overcompensating and pulling too much on my patellar tendon, therefore completely pissing off my tendon. I guess this could have all been avoided if I would have put more effort into streching, but it hasn't been real high on my list of things to do. It really doesn't matter now, though, because I've been prescribed a pretty strict regimen of stretching, more stretching, and NO RUNNING!!!! AARRRGGGGG!!!!! I'm allowed to walk, bike, and use an elliptical machine, but it's just not the same! I haven't actually tried biking or the elliptical thing yet, but there is just no subsitute for running. I guess I'll give the bike a shot on Tuesday and see how that goes - I'm not looking forward to it, but I'll try it. Who knows - maybe I'll like it and decide to train for a duathalon...

1 comment:

T Z said...

Hey....it was good to see you 2 running again. How did it go? Any nagging aches or pains?

T Z