Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Boys are Back in Town!

My husband's best friend has been living/working in Singapore for the past few years, and this week is back in town for some meetings and to let all of his friends and family know that he got engaged last week!!! I have yet to meet his fiancee, since the few times she's been to Tulsa, I was out of town. We went out to dinner with him last night, at my favorite sushi restaurant (ok - its my fave restaurant in general, but they happen to have the best sushi I've ever had!). It was great to see him so happy!!

I'm looking forward to having a quiet night at home tonight, since it looks like a pretty busy weekend is in store.

Tomorrow night I have happy hour after work to say goodbye to a coworker who is leaving to go to another company. I know that he'll be happier, and I know that I'll still see him around (he and my husband have known each other for years, and I love his wife and son), but it's still kinda sad.

Saturday will start off bright and early at a garage sale that the youth in our church are doing. I'm on a mission to find some bookshelves, and maybe some other treasure that I haven't seen yet! Then I'm off to buy concert tickets for Kenny Chesney and Leann Rimes - I want to be near the front of the line so that I can get great seats!! I imagine once I get home, I'll do some laundry and take a nap then get ready for another going away party. One of my husbands coworkers is being transferred, so we're all getting together to send him off in style.

Sunday brings church and then a cookout at my aunt's house. I have some cousins coming in from Colorado, and that side of the family never passes on an opportunity for a party! And its usually pretty crazy.

So check back next week - I should have plenty to blog about!

No comments: