Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Crib Pics and "Mystery" Gift

It's a good thing that I don't love my husband for his "handiness". Tools are just not his thing, so he had it in his head that he needed our engineer neighbor to help him put the crib together. And on Saturday, I finally got tired of looking at the unopened box in our nursery. And I opened it...



Turns out, all you need is a screwdriver. It comes with everything else, and it was actually very easy to put together. I was able to most of it by myself, until I got to the end and the center part of the crib needed to be lifted to be screwed on to the front and back. (At which point I had a hormonal breakdown and started bawling uncontrollably - then Randy came to help!) Here is the finished product...



At this point we still needed to get a mattress for it and wash the bedding and whatnot. We went later that afternoon and got the mattress, and then went to dinner with some friends. We got home and I went to bed, and I guess Randy felt bad for not helping me earlier, so he washed all the bedding and put it all together. I was so surprised on Sunday morning! I don't have pictures yet, because I'm still waiting to get the curtains hung, but hopefully we can get to that tonight or tomorrow.

And today, I received another baby gift in the mail! This one is from Randy's aunt and cousin who live in Dallas.



I feel bad for opening the box, but I didn't know it wouldn't be wrapped! I'll still let Randy open the other 2 packages, even though I'm pretty sure they are covers for the Boppy. I will still be surprised as to which covers they are, so that's fun!

Ok - I gotta get out of here and get to my aqua class. It seems like such a waste of a beautiful day to go to the pool, but it feels so good! Maybe I can get Randy to take a walk with me after dinner... Later!

2 comments:

Susan Michaels said...

Love, Love, Love the bed. It is adorable. They really didn't have such adorable beds back in the day when I had my daughter.

Candice said...

Thanks, Susan! My favorite part about the bed is that we just need to get some conversion rails, and it will "grow" with the baby. We can make it into a toddler bed and then later a full size bed. So while it was a little pricier than just a standard crib, it was a great investment because we'll be using it for years!