Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So, I Finally Did It...

That's right... IT... the big one...

I got out of my house and met my running group for... well... a run. What else does a running group meet for?!?! Okay, well mine also tends to meet for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks in between, and any other excuse they can think of - but generally speaking those also revolve around the running.

Friday night, I laid out my attire, and hoped that Nathan would sleep all night. And Saturday morning, I woke up bright and early, silently cursing that he had, in fact, slept all night. No excuse to stay in bed... Damn.

After getting dressed and ready to go, I went and woke him up, fed him, and got him dressed and ready to go out to breakfast with his Daddy. Then I was out the door.

When I showed up to the meeting place, it was a little colder and drizzlier (more drizzly?) than I was expecting. I had a few minutes to chat with some of my most favorite people in the whole world, and then once we got going, it turned out to be perfect! Except for the running part...

What is that I like about this stupid sport?!?!? I couldn't breathe, and today was the first day that my whole body didn't ache... and I only ran 4 miles!

Seriously though, it felt good (mentally) to get back out there. I've been needing that. Now I just need to keep doing it... No excuses.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to run and hope you can come out again Saturday!
Sloan

coco bean a.k.a. lisa said...

You did great. I am always out of breath :( Blame it on all the crazy weather changes. It was good seeing you back out there. I have missed you. And EXPECT to see you at least once a week!

Bobby said...

Glad you made it out. 4 miles ain't too shabby.

Heidi O said...

Hey if you want some extra motivation check out http://500in2010.blogspot.com/

I decided to do it and I am not a runner but I am hoping that I can surpass the goal and really get into it.

Kelebek Nakliyat said...

BBC inter-city and inter-city cargo storage items, our company is part of the shipping company first comes to mind at the mention of the transport SOME SITE CHARACTERISTICS
Gebze evden eve nakliyat
Şehirlerarası evden eve nakliyat
Şehirlerarası evden eve nakliye
Şehirlerarası nakliyat
Şehirlerarası nakliye
Pendik evden eve nakliyat
Gebze evden eve nakliyat
pendik bazacı
Bazaci
ucuz baza, yatak
Baza, başlık, yatak
Thank you thank you for choosing us