Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Don't Worry... Be Happy!

As I mentioned in my first post, I am training for my first marathon - which is on November 18. I only have 3 training runs left before the big day - tomorrow, Saturday, and next Thurdsay. This morning, one of my best friends invited me and my hubby to Happy Hour tomorrow night. A few months ago, I would have quickly told my friends that I have to run and would have to catch up with them another time, but now... I'm so tired of training for this marathon that I have to actually think about this. We haven't seen this group of friends in almost a month when 2 of them got married. The bride and I haven't had much time to catch up since we've both been so busy, and I would love to see her! On the other hand, how much is it hurting me if I skip a run? Maybe I could compromise and do my run in the AM (yuck!!) so that I can have a guilt free and happy "Happy Hour." I've worked sooo hard to get ready for this marathon, and I don't want to take a step back by skipping out on my runs, but at the same time these runs are so mind numbing that I feel like I need a break. So what do I do?? Keep running to keep my body in the game? or take a day off so I can keep my head in the game? Feels like a lose/lose situation to me. I'm just ready to wake up on the 18th and it be Marathon Day, so I can get this training over with and enjoy the fruits of my labor, so to speak. Yay!!! I'm running my first marathon in 11 days!!

1 comment:

T Z said...

Hi Candice. Like your blog. Keep posting. Some days, I don't really have much to say, but spill what's on your mind anyway. All us stalkers out there wanna know!! LOL
Did you figure out how to upload pictures? Do you have dial-up, or broadband? Cox.net is usually pretty speedy.
You guys will do just fine Sunday. You'll be way ahead of me. Don't fret missing a run here and there. The last week before a big race , you can't do any training to make the race better, but you can squeeze an unnecessary run in and make your race worse. Just trust your training and your ability and enjoy the race.

Ken