Thursday, April 17, 2008

Is it Friday yet????

This week seems to be dragging by... Today seems pretty slow in particular. It's 2pm (and yes I should be working) but I feel like it should be 4-4:30. I think a big part of it stems from the fact that I didn't leave the office for lunch. And I spent my lunch hour at my desk, catching up on the episode of Bones that I missed on Monday. So I have been at my desk way too long!

Anyway, Tuesday I went and ran with my group for the first time in a couple months!!! It felt so good to get out in the sunshine and fresh air (plenty of fresh air... in 30mph gusts). And I got to see all my people! I've missed them all so much and it was good to catch up with them! So now that I've made the first leap, today is supposed to be another group run day - and of course it's crappy and supposed to start storming right around the time we're supposed to start running. Now don't get me wrong - I thoroughly enjoy running in a nice summer rain - but it's not summer and it's likely to be storming - complete with lightening and the possibility of hail. No thank you! Of course that's still a few hours away - a lot can change between now and then!

Yesterday I had a checkup with my orthodontist and I still need a few "minor" adjustments. Apparently his definition of minor and my definition are not the same. When I can't bite into a soft puffy french fry from Braums without excruciating pain, we have extended beyond "minor". And since we are still making adjustments, I can't move up my removal date. (see my blog from March 10 for more info). Basically, I will still not be able to eat corn-on-the-cob on Memorial Day... GRRRR.

I gotta get back to work. Later!


TATUR Dave said...

It was nice seeing you on Tuesday. I missed you Thursday. It didn't rain on us, but it was quite humid.

Candice said...

It felt great to be out on Tuesday, and it was even better to see everyone. I had no idea how much I missed you all!

I almost came out yesterday, but when I left my office it was raining pretty hard - and it was very windy and cold. As I made my way home, it seemed to get worse, so I figured I had made the right decision. I guess next time I'll know better and head north anyway!

T Z said...

Dittos on Tatur Dave's comment. It was nice to see you back! :-)

I also did not run with the group Thursday. Every time I decided to head that way, another wave of rain came. I have always said that I seldom START a run in the rain, but have never been caught in a rain that I did not have fun. I gues I shoulda been there!