Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Friday, June 6, 2008

This is the song that never ends...

Anybody remember Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop?

It's only 10am and I already feel like this is the day that never ends!

I went and met my running group last night, and passed the bunnies off to Stacy and Faith, a mother-daughter running team in the making. I am inspired by Stacy because not only does she get out run with the group, she brings her adorable baby girl and pushes her in a full-size stroller. Sometimes, it's hard enough to get myself out there to run, and right now, I can't even imagine doing it with a stroller. I do hope to, though, someday!

The run was pretty rough - if you weren't outside at all yesterday, you are pretty lucky. The wind was BRUTAL!! At times, I felt like I was running in place. But all-in-all it was a pretty good run. Afterward, I met some other members of our group at Mazzio's to sign-up and discuss being group leaders for the new session of training runs starting on Saturday. I'm going to be helping the beginners who are working up to a 5K, and I'm really excited about it!

So I get home, get cleaned up , and go to bed - only to be woken up by my husband wanting to know if our neighbors gave us a key to their house (for emergencies) - no, not yet. Apparently Kelly (the dad) locked himself out while he was talking to Randy; and his wife and girls are out of town on a Girl Scout trip. I go back to sleep, just to be interrupted again, because Randy can't find a flashlight. I tell him where to find one (and contemplate telling him where he can put it) and then go back to sleep. I vaguely remember him coming back home and telling me that they finally had to call a locksmith before the tornado sirens went off. After watching the news for an hour or so and determining the danger had passed (around 1 or so) I again went back to sleep - until my alarm went off at 5:10.

So now, here I am, working away - I've been at work since about 6:45, and noon cannot come fast enough. I'm taking a 1/2 vacation day and going to see Sex and the City at 12:40, then getting a haircut at 3:30, picking Randy up from work, going home (hopefully with enough time for a nap, heading to my boss' house around 7 for an employee appreciation cookout until we all leave to go glow bowling from 12 - 2. And then I get to get up and start training at 6:30.

So you see... this really is the day that will never end!


"This is the song that never ends,
Yes it goes on and on my friend.
Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was,
And they'll continue singing it forever just because —> "


And now you can have the song stuck in your head too!

1 comment:

T Z said...

well tag....you're it. You have been tagged in a blog Q & A thing. Look at my last post for details. It's kinda fun, kinda like homework, and fun for everyone else! :)