Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Weekend Update

Well, now that the week is just about over, I figure I should probably update my very long weekend!


If you'll recall, I left work early Friday so that I could go see Sex and the City - LOVED IT!!! I want to see it again, and again, and again! It's been a long time since I've seen a movie that made me laugh, and then cry, and then laugh, and then cry some more - over and over throughout the whole movie - sometimes they were happy tears, sometimes not. I'm not going to give anything away, in case someone hasn't seen it yet, but it is well worth it! I even went by myself (which I have NEVER done) and it really didn't matter that I was alone, because once the movie started, I wouldn't have even noticed if Paul Walker strolled into the movie theater. Mmm... Paul Walker...


Anyway, after that I went and got my hair cut, picked Randy up from work, went home, took a nap, and then went to my boss' house for a cookout. Nothing special really - just hanging out, eating burgers, and having some beers. Around 10 we all drove over to Riverlanes for Glo-Bowling, which I haven't done since high school. I must say, Riverlanes is much nicer than it used to be! We had a good time, bowled for a couple hours and left a little after 1am. I wonder if Paul Walker likes to bowl...

Saturday morning, I got up bright and early (after about 4 hours of sleep) and met my running group at 6:45. We had our fall training kick-off, and while the group I am leading wasn't starting until 8, I wanted to be there to help out. I thought about getting my own miles in while I waited, but opted to just wait and greet people who were coming back from their runs and greet new people arriving for the 8am run. I ended up seeing a girl that I hadn't seen in about 9 or 10 years. We went to the same church for a few months and she also dated my best friend's boyfriend's best friend, who I worked with. It was good to see her, and I'm looking forward to catching up with her! After I led my little troop on a 2 mile run/walk, I went and did a few more miles with my friend Ken (AKA Trail Zombie) and his wife, Dana. It was the first time I'd gone more than 3 miles since the marathon back in November, and it felt great!


After my run, I went and took a nap in my car while I waited for Randy to finish his round of golf at Page Belcher, and then took him to get his hair cut. While I waited on him, I checked out a fairly new store called The Frugal Bookworm. It is a used book store, but it seems pretty pricey. I prefer The Book Place. Then we stopped for some lunch and headed home. After cleaning up, a quick nap, and a trip to the store, I made some mint brownies for another cookout. Another member of our running group was having a little get-together so we can all meet each other's families. It was fun and I got to meet some new people!
Sunday was our new pastor's first day at Church. Technically he'd been there all week, but it was his first sermon for us. So far, I like him. I'm going to miss our old pastor (and one of our associate pastors is leaving as well) but I'm looking forward to having something new!
Nothing special on Monday...
Tuesday I went and met my group. I started out slow and easy with the new run/walk group and then went ahead to learn some names and make sure the faster new people knew where to turn around, then went back to meet/finish up with the run/walkers but there were nowhere to be found. I finally found Coach Kathy, who told me that she had them turn around at 2 miles instead of 3 and that there were already done and resting. So I turned back around and found the last person from the group of newbies and finished the last miles with her. After our group stretch and some resting, a couple of new girls showed up. Kathy went to go run with them, and I decided to go along too. So all-in-all Tuesday I had more than 6 miles, but less than 8. A little farther than I went on Saturday, and it still felt good! Maybe I will train for another marathon after all....

No comments: