Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Friday, July 11, 2008

Trying to get some sleep...

I'm laying in bed trying to "wind down" so I can get some sleep, but I don't see it happening any time soon - so I'm blogging.



Last night I had a great 5 mile run. I didn't pay attention to my time, but I know I was running harder than usual. By the time I got home, my legs were more sore than they have been in a LONG time. Apparently I didn't sleep very well because I felt like I was dragging all day. There were moments when I thought I could have fallen asleep at my desk! I didn't - but I could have. Randy was out playing golf when I got home, and it was nice to have the couch to myself for a bit. I thought I had found something interesting to watch, but I don't remember what it was so I must have dozed off pretty quickly!! After a little nap, I felt like a new person - but now I can't sleep and I have to get up in four-and-a-half hours.



I really hate having to get up so early on Saturday mornings, but I really do enjoy the peace and solitude during my run. Don't get me wrong - I love running with the group and chatting, but Saturdays are different. Even with the group, I feel like I can be alone with my thoughts. People are still waking up and have a lot less to say than the weekday afternoon runs. And since I seem to have so much to think about lately, I really cherish my quiet time - away from the distractions of work, my computer, my cell phone, the TV, housework, pets - I feel like I can really sort things out and unclutter my brain a bit. So if you see me out on the trail and I seem preoccupied, please don't take it personally! And don't hesitate to interrupt my thoughts - I'm almost always open to chat, it just takes me a little while to wake up!

No comments: