Monday, November 17, 2008

Lunchtime update

Since I'm a little overdue for a new blog and since it doesn't take an hour for me to make and eat a PB&J, I figure this is a good time for an update!

I had hoped to post updates during the Mother Road 100, but there just wasn't enough time. Yeah - in a 24 hour race, I couldn't find time to update. This is mostly because the runner I was crewing for was just too darn fast! We'd go ahead of her 2-3 miles and it seemed like we'd no sooner gotten parked, there she was again. Of course, I'm not complaining at all. It certainly made it easier to stay up all night when I knew she was on our tail, and it made for an incredible 2nd place finish with a time of 22:48. Kathy rocks!! I was also helping out and keeping tabs on another runner, Trail Zombie, who also got in the way of my blogging plans because for over half the race he was ahead of Kathy by about a mile. So we'd get parked, cheer for TZ and give him his new favorite race food powered sugar donuts, send him on his was, and here came Kathy. It was the 3rd 100 miler for TZ in 6 weeks, and I think it finally caught up with him that night, because after Kathy passed him, she slowly crept farther ahead and we probably didn't get to see him for the last 20 miles or so. He also had a strong finish at 23:35. And for the record, those time are in hours! They both amaze me and while I never intend to do a 100 miler, they both inspire me to push myself and not give up. BTW, you can read TZ's report here.

So, after that, most of last week was pretty uneventful. Tuesday's run came and I realized that I had already lost the strap for my heart rate monitor, so I still am not able to run. Thursday was my birthday and also the group's pre-marathon party. A time of pizza, other yummy food, and last minute race instructions for all of our incredible runners. Friday, I left work early and went and had a pedicure. Very relaxing - I really should treat myself more often, especially now that I'm preggo! I deserve it!! Saturday, was a quiet day at home. Randy had some stuff to do, so I had the couch and TV all to myself! I found something extremely interesting to watch, and promptly fell asleep. Naps are good!

Yesterday was a big day for most of our running group. It was the Route 66 Marathon/Half-Marathon/Quarter Marathon, and it was a first for many of the runners. I got up early and met everyone before the start and was there to cheer them on all day! By the time I got home, I felt like I'd run the marathon myself - I was drained! Who knew that spectating and cheering was such hard work?!?!?! I can't say enough good things about the runners in my group. It is a great accomplishment to finish your first marathon or first half-marathon, and I can't wait to read all of their blogs to see how they felt about it. Its hard to believe that I just celebrated the 1 year anniversary of my own first marathon. Some days it seems like it was just yesterday (especially being on the course and remembering how I felt at those points during my own run) and some days it seems like it's been forever since I crossed that finish line. I am so proud of everyone who made a goal, trained for it, and crossed the finish line yesterday. You are all awesome!

So here I am waiting impatiently for this week to hurry up and end. While I do look forward to Wednesday being the end of my Financial Peace class that I've been in for the last 3 months, next week brings such bigger and better things! Saturday is the last TU home game (and thankfully an afternoon game), Thanksgiving is next week (which I couldn't be more ready for!), and most importantly, Tuesday we have our 20 week ultrasound! I will finally get to see the child that I've been carrying, nurturing, loving, for the past 19 weeks! Truly, something to be Thankful for!!


Bobby said...

Thanks for cheering us on Candice.
Encouragement sure helps keep you going. Glad to see your mom out cheering also.

Christal Pellerin said...

Thank you so much for continuing to support all of us even though you are not running right now. It really helps us :)
Have a super week and a great time at your ultra sound appointment!!

Cassy Russell said...

Thanks, Candice, for being there from beginning to end. Your encouragement is a big boost.

My husband and I took the Financial Peace class almost two years, and it has made such a huge difference in our lives, especially mine since I am the bill payer. It took some adjustment the first six months or so, but it is so worth it. To this day, I still use the envelopes! I highly recommend the class.

T Z said...

You are awesome, Candice. You really lifted Bobby's spirits seeing you guys at 71st street. He picked up the pace for a couple of miles. I was so proud of him. He fought a good fight all the way, and won in the end.

Casey said...

Sounds like you had an amazing week! I am so ready for the financial class to be over as well. See you tomorrow and have a wonderful day!