Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Corn-on-the-cob

So... last night for dinner I had corn-on-the-cob for the first time in 2 1/2 years! That's right, folks! My braces have come off!!!

They actually came of on Tuesday afternoon, but it was a bit painful so I had to wait until yesterday for my corn. And I learned 2 very important lessons yesterday...

1. I need to buy some Corn-Cobbers. If it weren't for my amazing friend, Becky, I would have been eating my corn with my hands.
2. I need to practice my corn-cooking skills. I'm a pretty decent cook, but when you haven't made something in 2 1/2 years, you tend to get a little rusty.

I slathered some butter on it, put some salt and grill spices on it, wrapped it in foil and had my hubby throw it on the grill. Would have been much better if I'd used a little more spices and if it had stayed on the grill a little longer.

But all-in-all it was pretty good. And now that I can actually eat it, I will get plenty of practice. My poor hubby's going to hate me in a few weeks!

I'll try to get a picture posted of my new beatiful smile! I know the mystery blogger over at RunnersWorld Tulsa. Maybe I can get him to take a picture for me!

P.S. Feel free to share your favorite corn-on-the-cob recipes with me!!

No comments: