Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Running and Weather

This time, the 2 are unrelated!

Tuesday's run didn't go so well - in fact I never actually even ran. I did manage to walk about 1.5 miles - so at least I was doing something! I am not a coffee drinker - I can drink decaf but regular coffee really messes with me. I had about a 1/2 cup of regular coffee on Tuesday morning and it was NOT a good idea - I won't do that again! Let's hope today's run goes better!

If you didn't see any of the weather last night around 7pm, you really missed out! No matter how much I try to be a city girl, it won't happen - I am and always will be a country girl. When the news station informed us of a tornado warning and that the storm was headed towards us, I couldn't have gotten outside fast enough! It was too far away to see anything at that point so I very impatiently kept running in and out - checking the TV and back outside again. Something about the tornado sirens really gets me excited! When the storm spotter on the news said that he saw a funnel (not touching the ground) about 2 miles from my house, I was back outside. The storm came through pretty quickly after that and I just stood outside watching in awe as the clouds swirled above me. I'm sure my neighbors thought I was crazy!

I took a couple pictures, but I'll have to post them later - I gotta get back to work!

No comments: