Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Monday, May 19, 2008

Time flies by...

Wow... Time seems to be flying by. I don't know where the weekend went, because I sure don't feel like I accomplished anything - and May - where did that go?!?!?! I can't believe that Memorial Day is in one week!

I didn't even realize that I haven't posted anything since last Monday. I can't figure out where last week went either! I know I went and ran on Tuesday and Thursday, but the rest of the week is pretty much a mystery!

Anyway, back to the weekend! I had every intention of getting up early on Saturday and going to volunteer at the Aquarium Run 1/2 Marathon and 5K. Unfortunately, I didn't sleep well that night and opted to keep sleeping when my alarm went off! I went to the store to pick up some stuff to make for a party on Saturday night, did some work in my garden, took a shower, and proceeded to start making party food. I have decided that I need a stand mixer. I've always thought they looked cool, but now I need one. I have an old (probably from the '70's) food processor/blender/stand mixer, but it is horrible for mixing. I was trying to make Trisha Yearwood's Cheese Straws - which are basically homemade "cheese-its" and I ended up looking like Chester Cheetah puked all over my kitchen. It was not a pretty sight. I finally got the mixture together, but had issues getting it to shape like a straw, so I ended up making what looked like peanut butter cookies. A few people at the party were pretty confused even though I tried to tell everyone that they weren't cookies. I hope to make them again sometime, but I definitely need better tools to work with!

So, the party - which was supposed to be my hubby's coworkers and spouses - was pretty fun. We cooked out, drank, played volleyball in the dark... good times! Unfortunately, some people brought extra friends with them. Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with this, but one of the extras was a cop from a nearby town and he was trashed and carrying a loaded gun around. If you're a cop - show some responsibility. Don't bring a loaded gun into someones house - especially if you're drinking! What an idiot. Then, Mr. Responsible's girlfriend tried to steal my sunglasses! Seriously people - grow up! Just because I'm having a good time and goofing around does not mean that I'm too drunk or too stupid to realize that my shades are gone. Whatever...

And even though we got home at 2am, we still got up and went to Church on Sunday, which was a very nice treat. It was "Confirmation Sunday" which meant that the 8 youth who have been in Confirmation this year were graduating into full church membership. They put on the entire service themselves - including a short drama that was a knockoff of "LOST" (my fave show ever!!). They really did a great job and I'm glad I didn't miss it! After lunch I went home to work on my garden, but I didn't get very far. Decided to rest and chat with my neighbor - then we went and got her hammock out of storage and set it up and relaxed while our hubbies grilled some burgers.

All in all, a pretty decent weekend. I'm hoping this week goes by just as fast, since I'm scheduled to have my braces off next Tuesday! I can't wait!!

3 comments:

T Z said...

Great to see you guys out and running well again. Hope I didn't make your mom mad by calling her a pink flamingo! :-Þ

Candice said...

I'm doing more walking than running these days, but at least I'm out there and moving!

I don't think Mom has figured out how to find the blogs yet, and with her schedule I haven't had a chance to explain it, so she probably doesn't know about it! I do know that she likes pink flamingos, so she'll probably take it as a compliment!

T Z said...

Well....I expect a blog entry detailing the Corn-on-the-cob feast!!