Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Monday!

So, there's nothing particularly special about today, but I'm hoping for a good week!

I did have a nice and productive weekend, so I'm feeling happy about that.

Friday night, we had a trivia night at our church. We did okay... not the worst team, but not the best either. I think we were somewhere in the middle. It was a lot of fun, and I'll definitely participate again. They also had a live and silent auction which was pretty fun too - I "won" a $50 gift card to Panera and 4 tickets to any regular season Oilers hockey game for the 2008-2009 season. I love hockey!

Saturday morning I got up bright and early to take my dog to the groomer and my husband to work - by 7am! I proceeded to go home, get some cleaning and laundry done, and go do some Mother's Day reconn shopping for my hubby and then picked up the dog and hubby by 10am. Went home dropped of the dog, got hubby cleaned up and went to have skin cancer screenings done, went back to the Pretty Penny and showed hubby previously reconned M. Day gift which we then purchased. Headed back towards home with the intent of grabbing some lunch but McD's lobby was closed and drive-thru was way too long. Then attempted Wendy's which was also massively croweded, and bailed on that idea. We ended up stopping at Wally World for some T.P. and got some food to go from the McD's inside. After lunch and a short nap I went to Hobby Lobby to pick up some pictures that I'd had framed for my mom for M. Day, and then went home to get ready for the Full Moon Run!

The run was great! I had a clock time of 30:01 and chip time of 29:25. I had hoped to be under 30 minutes, so I'm happy with it. It was hard and the 2nd half was into the wind, which didn't help at all! We stayed around and listened to the "U2" tribute band for a while and went home around 10.

Sunday brought church, lunch with our moms, and some much needed work on my garden. I've never really felt like it was "my" garden because everything in it was planted by the previous owner and I don't have a clue what most of it is. So now that I've made some headway and removed some bushes that I didn't like - it is now "my" garden (in progress!)

I wish I had taken some before pictures, and I can still get some but you won't get the full effect. I'll still be working on it most of the week, and hopefully planting my own choices this weekend, so stay tuned! I'm sure I'll plenty to say!

No comments: