Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Monday, May 5, 2008

Hope Rains

Saturday was my first ever trail race!! It was also my first race of 2008 and my first race since the marathon in November. The weather was a little chilly for standing around but it was perfect for running and after finishing the grueling 5K course we were treated to steak for breakfast! My time wasn't great, but I really didn't put in a full effort. I was really just out there to have fun and experience trail running - I'm hooked!! My mom came out to spectate but everyone in our running group convinced her to run. Even though she didn't have her running shoes or preferred attire, and she hadn't run in months - she placed 3rd in her age group!

Way to go, Mom!!

Trail Zombie has a much better race report (with pictures!) here.... http://trailzombie.blogspot.com/2008/05/hope-rains-trail-5k.html
but I wanted to share my 2 cents! It was a great race and I'll definitely be back next year!

No comments: